O N E + T W O C R I T I Q U E G R O U P
The bi-monthly ONE + TWO Critique Group hosted in our collective studio space builds a close community of artists, art professionals, and art enthusiasts who are familiar with each other’s work and interested in sharing critical dialogue, opportunities, and resources. At each ONE + TWO Critique, we feature three artists working in a variety of media, and invite three moderators, including local artists, curators, critics, and other art professionals to lead the conversation. Through application or invitation, the members of ONE + ONE + TWO select the participating artists and moderators. The event lasts 2 hours and each artist can expect about 40 minutes of conversation around his or her work. Taking space limitations and the intimacy of conversation into account, the audience is capped at 15 guests.
The ONE + TWO CRITIQUE GROUP will meet at our studio space on the dates listed unless otherwise noted:
DATES AND TIMES FOR 2018:
- Saturday, February 10th, 5-7pm ***At the Mexican Consulate***
- Sunday, April 15th, 2-4pm
- Saturday, June 23rd, 3-5pm ***At the Spare Change Gallery***
- Sunday, August 12th, 2-4pm
- Sunday, October 14th, 2-4pm
- Sunday, December 9th, 2-4pm
Space is limited. If you would like to attend a ONE + TWO CRITIQUE GROUP SESSION, please RSVP.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOW WORK AT A ONE + TWO CRITIQUE, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FORM BELOW.
ARCHIVE of PAST ONE + TWO CRITIQUE GROUP SESSIONS
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2018
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2017 ***at the Mexican Consulate***
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2017
SATURDAY, AUGUST 12, 2017
SATURDAY, JUNE 10, 2017
SATURDAY, APRIL 8, 2017
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2017
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When can I come to install my work?
- Artists are asked to arrive promptly one hour before the event to give enough time to install and set up.
Is there a particular body of work you are interested in having me display?
- This is totally up to you - you should show the work that you want feedback on from a diverse group of artists and art professionals.
How much information should I be providing about the piece and my practice in general?
- If you have particular questions about the work that you would like to pose to the lead discussants and audience, please do share them with us. Ultimately we want this experience to be whatever you need to drive your work forward, so you are encouraged to take the wheel.
Will all the artists' work be shown together in the space? What are the wall dimensions that my work needs to fit within?
- Two artists will be installed in the beginning - one in our collective studio space, and one in the front common space at the Long Time Collective. After we finish discussing the first artist's work, the third will install as we discuss the second so that all artists have individual wall space. As long as your work fits within an 8x10 foot wall space, you are good to go.
Will there be structure to the crit group and the questions? Who will be attending? Does everyone take part in giving feedback, or just a selection of panel members?
- The audience will consist of a diverse group of artists and art professionals from the Bay Area. The lead discussants will begin the conversation, and then audience members are welcome to join the conversation afterward. The panel of lead discussants consists of our current resident artist along with two other artists, curators, or critics.